Story Time
When I Started My Preparation i was a "noob' in matter of preparing for USMLE
I in Enthusiasm download all the materials available online and stared reading subjects from whatever material i like
After 1 month i got major shock of my life when i attempted to solve UWorld i couldn't even get 50%correct in a Module
Then i Search for solution in online forums and came to realize my mistakes and after researching about all the things i have started preparing for usmle again and You can see as i have mentioned on my About me section that i have cleared USMLE with flying colors
So, Here i Present all of my research which i have done online before starting my preparation and few updates also which i have included during my preparation days as and when i felt any difficulty.
I hope sincerely in my heart that you will like what i have to say
Study Pattern
Basically i have read the sources which i mentioned in my previous blog 3 times, Which i divided into 3 levels
- Beginner
- Intermediate
- Advanced
Beginner : A Concept Building Stage
As per one of my teacher said that you will never learn if you sit in a lecture with mind full of thoughts that i know this
so i started with an empty mind with an aim that i would learn each and every concept from start
I Included FA(First Aid For USMLE), UW(Uworld Question bank) and PATHOMA in this stage
First i Read all the basic chapters from FA like Cell, Biochemistry, Genetics etc. and solved all modules i find on UW
then i went on to organ system;
My approach was kind of this:
First i would read The system From First AID then i Would do its Pathology From PATHOMA to understand it Better and then I would go to UW and Solve all the modules of particular system and all all the thing in First Aid Which I didn't understand from FA or Which are not included in FA
Intermediate: Stronger the concept, Stronger the Response in Exam Will be;
So I did Learn concept with an empty mind from FA in firs step but now its time to solidify the concepts
Only one way to remember what you have learn is REVISION
this Intermediate stage is kind of a revision Stage
in this Stage i included UW and FA only
what i did in this stage is that i would revisit my wrong question by doing in in Exam mode which is included in UW you will see yourself
make a module of a system with all the question you did wrong first time
i did this for all systems TWICE in this stage
so total 3 Readings of mine completed
Advanced: Master the EXAM
This stage is absolutely crucial in the sense that now you will actually see how you will do in exams
I included NBME(National board of medical education) Papers in this stage both OFFLINE and ONLINE
OFFLINE PAPERS: I started with offline papers first Because I don't want to spend more money(You know how you can get offline papers) But i Only did old offline papers
ONLINE PAPERS:
Then i started with online papers and NEW ones
Anywhere i made a mistake or a new topic appear i simply add it into my notes
Daily Routine
I used POMODORO method to study and i read for 10 hours Every day 7 to 13 and 18 to 23 O'clock
Pomodoro method
study for 40 minutes and take a break of 5 minute
in the break i just close my eyes so it reduce strain on my eyes and then i Remember what i have read in past 40 minutes
What I Would've Done Better
I didn't do Much Ethics i would've done a lot better if i have done "100 Cases in ethics by Conrad"
I would also add a second Q bank into Intermediate stage of preparation
Final Words of Wisdom
Set Goals and Try to complete them I didn't set deadlines and i had to delay the exam freaking 2 times
also TAKE CARE of yourself first guys
I got depressed during my preparation of USMLE Step 1
No exam is more than yourself remember that
I Wish you all the Best for the Exam and hope you all do Best out of this Exam
Comments
Post a Comment
If You Have any doubts let me know,
For Links Which are not Working Comment Below.